Kilovoltik is semi-professional muscle stimulator which is using the nerves as part of an electric circuit.
The device operates at 24V with user controllable current in range <0-45> mA. The user can select either AC or DC; both modes have multiple signal profiles and adjustable frequency.
The device has built-in battery and can't operate while charging - there is only one (overloaded) connector both for electrodes (to be placed on the subject) and the power cable.
General safety precautions
- Do not run the current across the chest, for example connecting one electrode to the left arm and the other to the right arm or an arm and a leg is not a good idea.
- All modes that are depicted with a non-zero DC component (i.e. all modes except “TENS” and “IF”) really have a non-zero DC component. This may cause electrolysis and other nasty things – do not use it unless you know what you are doing. The “TENS” and “IF” modes should be safe.
Principles of Operation
- Prerun check:
- Batteries: As battery charged (see the LED)? If not, charge before use.
- Disconnect power cable
- Connect electrodes to the subject:
- One electrode under an joint (pod kloubem)
- Second over the same joint (nad kloubem)
- Connect the cable to the machine
- Power ON:
- Switch it on (back plane)
- Select wave profile (most left group)
- Check the “Error” diode NOT to shine
- For newbies, the TENS(n) is good 1st choise
- Select the frequency (center; if applicable)
- How often the pulse should go (Hz)
- Select wave length (right, if applicable)
- How long the wave should be (obviously this mutiplied by grequency can't be > 1s)
- If the Error LED is shining:
- Check if the subject is corectly connected
- Especially girl's skin have higher resistance due to usage of makeups, you can clean them using pure ethanol (flask on the shelf with “Etoh” label)
- Switch electrodes (or use “crocodiles” for better attachment to the skin)
- Use “+” and “-” controls next to the right display to increase/decrease current intensity (step 1 mA)
- Power OFF:
- Set the current to zero
- Disconnect the subject
- Connect another subject (optional)
- Switch off the device (back panel)
- Connect the power cable