~~META: status = active &relation firstimage = :project:GSMLogo.png ~~
The aim of this project is to develop a GSM sniffer and tools for key recovery.
Project highlights: OpenCL A5/1 cracker and statistical keystream guesser capable of cracking the key in several seconds and 99% probability on an insecure network and in several minutes on a secure network with ~30% probability.
- Multichannel sniffer using FT4232 and 8 OsmocomBB phones controlled by Arduino. This does not seem to be an optimal choice today, a SDR and software demodulation would be much better. The sniffer was designed in 2011 before SDRs became widely available.
- A5/1 cracker written in OpenCL. Works.
- GSM stack fork with documentation and without lots of great features, but working.
- UI that won't require excessive shell magic.
- SDR-based sniffer capable of recording adjacent channels and decoding phonecalls after the key is cracked.
- Statistical guesser using SI5/5ter/6 messages less stupidly than “we pipe them to the cracker and hope some will be solved”.