Subject: [Rada] Positive Hack Days 2012
From: Evgeniya Potseluevskaya <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:39:12 +0000
List-Id: <rada.brmlab.cz>

Hello, guys!

I've noticed that brmlab was one of the hacker spaces, who supported the "No
nerd left behind" initiative of 28C3, so I hope that our Positive Hack Days
forum could be also interesting for you. The idea is just the same:
information security experts and hackers discuss the topical problems of
today (some reports are already determined:  <http://phdays.com/news.asp>
http://phdays.com/news.asp) and show their hacking skills on-site in Moscow;
and remote participants join the audience, provide their reports,
participate in discussions and hacking challenges online. And the CTF fight
is going to be spectacular, since the winner will participate in DEF CON 20
CTF without quals ( <http://defcon.org/html/defcon-20/dc-20-ctf.html>
http://defcon.org/html/defcon-20/dc-20-ctf.html) :)

The "official" description of the project is below. I will be pleased to
answer any your questions on the event and on the PHDays Everywhere
initiative in particular. 

PS: we've already sent a similar message to [email-masked] accidently,
sorry for that. Hope, that you will not regard this one as spam.

Thank you,

Eugenie Potseluevskaya

Positive Technologies

E-mail: [email-masked]

Tel.: +7 (495) 744-01-44

Fax: +7 (495) 744-01-87

www.ptsecurity.com

  _____  

 

Dear Sir/Madam!

Please let me take this opportunity of inviting you to support the PHDays
Everywhere initiative of the Positive Hack Days forum on practical security
in Moscow, Russia, on 30-31 of May 2012. Positive Hack Days is a unique
event in the international security market that combines business programs,
technical workshops, master classes, roundtable discussions and CTF
competitions. The PHDays forum has been set up to draw attention to hands-on
security and real life contemporary threats. The following issues will be
covered over the course of two days: security of critical information
systems, fraud prevention and counter-action, cyber-crime, government and
corporate security in the WikiLeaks era, cyber-war and cyber-espionage.
Also, cloud and virtual infrastructure protection, counter-action against
0-day attacks, computer forensics, protection from DDoS, SCADA security,
application and ERP security, and network security will be considered.   

Following our 2011 success we expect 1,000+ visitors in 2012. Half of these
people are key players in the security industry in Russia and the CIS, as
well as international experts on information security, and world-renowned
hackers. Also invited are CIOs, CISOs and leading experts from banking,
telecom, oil & gas, government and various other private and public
organizations. 

Among the speakers at PHDays in 2012: Pierre-Marc Bureau, Andrei Costin,
Ulrich Fleck, Marcus Niemietz, Yury Gurkin, and Sylvain Munaut. The forum
keynote speaker will be the world-famous cryptographer Bruce Schneier.

Since the available space at PHDays will not be enough to accommodate
everyone, we have decided to organize a webcast of the event to provide an
opportunity for the Internet community to actively participate in the forum.
To ensure that PHDays does not become boring sitting behind a monitor, we
decided to introduce PHDays Everywhere. As part of this initiative, we
propose to allow those who are unable to visit Moscow PHDays to organize
their own hacker event anywhere in the world.

Internet forum participants are provided with the following features:

·        Join the audience through the internet HD-broadcast (English and
Russian languages).

·        Participate in discussions and ask questions of the speakers coming
online.

·        Take part in the fantastic Hack Quest, to demonstrate their hacking
skills and compete for prizes.

In addition to the visitors of the sites participating in PHDays Everywhere,
we offer the opportunity to serve as a reporter for Fast Track Section and
tell the world about their research and developments. 

What you need to join PHDays Everywhere? 

1.       A room which will be available for visitors during the forum on May
30 and 31, possibly around the clock. After all, the Hack Quest will not for
a moment stop from 10 a.m. MSK (UTC +4), May 30 to 5 p.m. MSK (UTC +4), May
31!

2.       An Internet connection of at least 10 Mb/s.

3.       One or more projection devices, because PHDays will be transmitted
on 6 streams!

4.       It is desirable to be able to connect visitors to the Internet to
give them the opportunity to communicate with the community and to fight
compete in Hack Quest.

5.       The availability of web-camera is desirable so that not only can
you join the celebration, but also the community can join you.

If you and your guests have something to say to the world, then please send
your request to Call For Papers http://phdays.com/cfp.asp. Transmission will
be via one of the webinar platforms such as WebEx (more details later).

>From our side, we are putting the information (name, description, logos,
links, and contacts) of all parties to the event on the PHDays site.

More information about the Forum can be obtained through the following
links:   

 <http://phdays.com/> http://phdays.com/
 <http://phdays.blogspot.com/> http://phdays.blogspot.com/

I will be pleased to answer any your questions on the event and on the
PHDays Everywhere initiative in particular. 

Sincerely yours,

Eugenie Potseluevskaya

Positive Technologies

E-mail: [email-masked]

Tel.: +7 (495) 744-01-44

Fax: +7 (495) 744-01-87

www.ptsecurity.com

 

 

_______________________________________________
Rada mailing list
[email-masked]
http://brmlab.cz/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rada