Subject: [hackerspaces] ESA App Challenge
From: Nils Hitze <[email-masked]>
To: GTUG München <[email-masked]>, GTUG Germany <[email-masked]>,Android München <[email-masked]>, Android DE Group <[email-masked]>, Hackerspaces General Discussion List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:42:20 +0200
List-Id: Hackerspaces General Discussion List <discuss.lists.hackerspaces.org>

Yes guys n girls, you're reading right, the 1337 European NASA
equivalent ESA is having their own mobile App Challenge.

And you should join, the prices are awesome!

The European Space Agency (ESA) will award the ESA App Challenge to
the best application idea for the usage of GMES on mobile phones.
Proposals shall address one or more GMES main thematic areas (land,
air quality, ocean, climate change, emergency response).
ESA is looking for ideas that can be implemented quickly into a
profitable business.

The submission of the application should consist of a base app
containing info and news on GMES,
as well as one or more specific content modules that provide relevant
location-based data to users in real time.

Please note:
- Participants are required to submit application ideas incl. business concepts.
- Working prototypes are welcome but not necessaryto be eligible.
- Participants are requested to upload a visualisation (e.g.
screenshot) of the app design.
- In addition to concepts for new mobile apps it is also possible to
submit ideas of how to extend existing apps by adding GMES data (e.g.
enriching weather apps by providing information on location-based
UV-radiation).
- Participants are requested to describe which data they will need to
make their app operational, on the basic assumption that GMES data
will be available and free of charge.
- Submission is open for all mobile operating systems.

Prize:
The winner will be considered for support by one of the five European
Space Agency's Business Incubation Centres (ESA BICs) across Europe.
The incubation package has a value of up to 60,000 Euro."

As part of the OverallContest GMES Masters you, as a winner of the ESA
App Challenge can also win the Overall Contest:

The overall winner – the GMES Master – will be selected amongst the winners of
- the Ideas Challenge,
- the ESA App Challenge,
- the DLR Environmental Challenge and
- the T-Systems Cloud Challenge

by a panel of experts and will receive an additional cash prize of EUR 20,000.

The website for the contest is: http://www.gmes-masters.com

Tell your nerdy friends!

Nils

-- 
Nils Hitze

Email: [email-masked]
Mobil: +49 179 9429701

http://www.silberkind.de
http://twitter.com/kojote
_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss