Subject: [Rada] froggies would like to visit the brmlab
From: Romain Chanut <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 23:47:03 +0200
List-Id: <rada.brmlab.cz>

Hello Rada,

I was supposed to visit you on Wednesday for the after CCCamp after-party,
but i went to the Green Drinks meeting where i met Sarah Shawn and other
very nice people who were curious about Jerry and i didnt have the courage
to leave them...

I give a talk at the Locus workerspace in Prague at 12pm, but I would like
to visit you with Florian (CC'ed), an Ubuntu developer here in Prague,
tomorrow at the end of the afternoon. I leave Praha on Friday Night/saturday
morning, so my time schedule is a bit tied, sorry about that... :-/

I am on a road trip around East of Europe to visit beautiful cities and to
present Jerry to people who may be interested in reducing digital divide
thanks to open innovation.
Jerry is a lowcost DIY server/workstation that can be built thanks to easy
to find electronic components (mini ITX motherboards for our first shot) and
end of life materials.

You have the blog here <http://youandjerrycan.tumblr.com/> and photos
there<http://www.flickr.com/people/66112982@N03/> The
idea is to share prototypes configurations and use cases to implement
Jerry's Sons the easiest possible in developing countries, so that locals
can customize them and bring their own innovations.
an example: Jerry is drilled by small holes top and down so the processors
cooling can be passively done (only their small regular fan is used) and
someone had the idea to put mosquito nets on these holes to prevent dust and
insects to get into Jerry. isnt it ingenious? ^^

To operate, we would use videos and adapted drawn tutorials to make
technical issues more understandable by hardcore newbies ;)
remote configuration can also be a point etc...

We are very weak on technical part, we have this concept but we dont know
enough to go much further at the moment...so if you have a while and you
like Jerry's style, i would be glad to meet you and your friends tomorrow!
please tell me at what time would arrange you =)

I send you a presentation as soon as i have a better connection.

Have a good time. See You!
-- 
Best regards,
Romain Chanut
+336 211 067 00
http://about.me/romidea
_______________________________________________
Rada mailing list
[email-masked]
http://rover.ms.mff.cuni.cz/mailman/listinfo/rada