[Brmlab] Home automation - Z-wave vs ZigBee

Rado1 rado at rado1.cz
Mon Mar 17 11:28:25 CET 2014

Hi guys.

Does anybody tried some of these protocols for home automation?
I have read a lot of comparisons and don't know what way to go.

I'm not good in HW development therefore I will not build my own devices.
My plans are build existing devices, control them through some USB controller
connected to my Linux home server.

>From my research the list of products seems to be better for Z-wave but
some comparisons claim that ZigBee is a better protocol.

Do you have some experience? What do you suggest?

Thanks.
--
Rado1
rado (at) rado1.cz