[Brmlab] Ni-Cd 18VDC charger

Mario Lombardo mario at alienscience.com
Wed Nov 20 13:53:33 CET 2013

Hi everyone.

I have a battery and base station for an 18VDC cordless drill from Tesco.  The old transformer/charger died like most of the functional toxic waste from China.  I want to replace it, but I don't recall the specifications. I believe the base station is completely dumb with no electronics, only like a connector and some LEDs.

Knowing this, does anybody know what specifications of the power supply should be to properly charge the battery? I know it may need conditioning, but I can do that myself.

Regards,
/mario