[Brmlab] Fwd: campzer0: call for participation

Pavel Ruzicka ruza at ruza.eu
Thu Aug 15 13:29:06 CEST 2013

we have a location and a call for participation:
http://camp.hsbp.org/2013/zer0/#cfp

you guys, this will be soooo cool. come and join us

----------------------

Call for Papers
Dates and Deadlines
Submission deadline:    2013-08-25 00:00:00+0200
Notification of acceptance:   2013-08-31
Presentation Language:  English
Submission Email:    cfp at camp.hsbp.org
Topics:  should cover mostly technical presentations focusing on

  - breaking and building infrastructure and on
  - current ethical issues

Location: Fort Monostor, Komárom, Hungary
Contact:
  - Twitter: @campzer0
  - E-mail: campzer0 at hsbp.org
  - IRC: #campzer0 @ IRCnet

(the following shamelessly adopted from the 30c3 CfP)

The "Hungarian Autonomous Center for Knowledge and friends" runs the camp with
the help of self-organized volunteer teams and on its own funds. We are proud
of this and we are looking forward to copy the inspiring example of independent
self-organizing as championed by the organizers of the Chaos Communication
Congress and Camps. We regard this event as one of the few places where a
global exchange using the creative-critical approach to technology and society
is possible without censorship.

We are not providing a stage to secret services or other state organisations.
However, based on our concept and on the fact that work is done on a voluntary
basis, a thorough advance screening of participants and speakers is not
possible.

It goes without saying that everyone attending the camp should be treated with
respect and consideration. A significant proportion of delegates and speakers
value their privacy, the integrity of their own data and their photographic
likenesses. Those who attach less importance to personal agency in these
matters are in a stronger position. We therefore ask them to respect the
feelings and wishes of others.

Submission Guidelines
For talks and workshops

Please send us a description of your suggested talk that is as complete as
possible. The description is of particularly importance to the selection, so
please ensure it is as clear as possible. Quality takes precedence over
quantity. Due to the non-commercial nature of the Camp, presentations which aim
to market or promote commercial products or entities will not be entertained.

As it is possible that that there will be multiple submissions about the same
topic, please show us exactly why your talk should be part of the camp. Please
write something about yourself, your environment and your motivation. It does
not matter if the talk has been held at another conference, All it has to be is
up to date.

Talks should be no longer than 45 minutes plus 15 minutes for question and
answers. Longer slots are possible in principle. There are 20-minute slots as
well. Please tell us the proposed length of your talk at the time of
submission.

For projects, installations and other fun things

We have a lot of space (64.000m^2) and we are open for crazy and surprising
stuff.

Publication

Audio and video recordings of the lectures will be published online in various
formats under the license CC Attribution ShareAlike 2.5 Hungary (CC BY SA 2.5
HU). This license allows commercial use of excerpts by media institutions as
part of their reporting. If you do not wish material of your lecture to be
published or streamed, please let us know in your submission.

Travel, costs & visa

CampZer0 is a non-commercial event, where neither the organisers nor the
speakers are being paid.

Online submissions only

All submissions of lectures and workshops have to be submitted to our CfP email
address: cfp at camp.hsbp.org

--
pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF