[Brmlab] Invitation to CONFidence 2013 IT Security Conference in Krakow May 28 - 29
jakub.plazinski at proidea.org.pl
jakub.plazinski at proidea.org.pl
Wed Apr 24 14:15:03 CEST 2013
We would like to invite all the members of the hackerspace to the next edition of the international CONFidence IT security conference on the 28-29 of May 2013. Please share this information with people that might be interested in attending the conference.
CONFidence is much more than just lectures. It’s also professional workshops, discussion panels and the opportunity to meet interesting people in the Hackers’ Squad. The unique laidback atmosphere of the conference itself and the after party makes CONFidence a special place for meetups and discussions for IT security specialists around the world.
What is CONFidence?
The first CONFidence conference was organized in 2005 as a project created by a group of Polish enthusiasts committed to improving the security of IT applications. Since those early years it has evolved into the largest meeting of hackers in Poland that annually gathers almost 400 participants: IT security professionals from government, industry, banking sector and academia as well as researchers and developers.
What topics will be touched on the conference?
Some topics that the conference will address:
• 3G/4G, SS7, WLAN, RFID, Bluetooth Security
• Analysis and reverse engineering of malicious code
• Analysis of vulnerability, attacks and defence against networks, hardware, software
• Virtualization and operating systems security
• Data recovery, Forensic and Incident Response
• Physical security
• Firewall technologies
• Web applications security and cryptographic
X-traction Point – second encounter
Just like during the previous edition of CONFidence we will deploy the X-traction Point game. The conference attendees had the chance to become a real live secret agent whose task was to infiltrate a bunker, bypass the security and free the hostage. This year we are also planning a frontal assault on the bunker, where you will have to present your sharpshooting and lock picking skills and skills in bypassing and hacking alarm systems. You will receive a mini training and a briefing prior to your mission
We have finished first round of CFP evaluation thus we can present you with the first list of speakers for the upcoming CONFIdence! We’re still working on more topics so stay tuned for more information!
• Ajin Abraham – Abusing, Exploiting and Pwning with Firefox Add-ons
• Arseny Reutov – PHP knowledge required
• Devesh Bhatt – My Experiments with truth: a different route to bug hunting
• Fernando Gont – Network Reconnaissance in IPv6 Networks
• Georgia Weidman – Can You Hear Me Now: Leveraging Mobile Devices on Pentests
• Gynvael Coldwind – Beyond MOV ADD XOR – the unusual and unexpected in x86
• Ilja van Sprudel – Linux Desktop Insecurity
• Jesse Burns – Securing Data in Mobile Application Suites
• Michał Sajdak – Embedded Devices Hacking
• Nikita Tarakanov – Exploiting Hardcore Pool Corruptions in Microsoft Windows Kernel
• Pete Herzog – Those Other Tactics, the Security Methods that Nobody Talks About
• Yaniv Miron – Screw 0-days, We Will Pwn U with Hardware Mofos
• Yury Chemerkin – Insecurities in blackberry
Felix „Fx” Lindner, Gregor Kopf, Rafał Łoś, Mateusz „j00ru” Jurczyk will also host their presentations
For more information visit our website www.2013.confidence.org.pl
Where and when?
The well known and loved conference venue
We already know the location of the conference and it will be held in the same location as CONFidence 9. This year we plan to dive into even more underground style. The vast space, brick fort-like buildings, overhead cranes, the old locomotive and other installations create a unique atmosphere ideal for CONFidence conference.
Buildings of historic water pumping station in Bielany belonging to the Cracow water service is a place which fits perfectly into the atmosphere of CONFidence, where in addition to technical lectures will prepare lots of attractions such as games, competitions and BBQ.
Like every year, also during the 11th edition of CONFidence you will be able to stay in a unique Hackers’ Squad – hostel (or group of hostels), booked only for the participants of CONFidence, where hacking and beer never stops!
Hackers’ Squad is a cheap and convenient way to stay in Krakow during CONFidence 2013. It is also a great opportunity to meet other security professionals. You can book your stay at the hackers squad at the registration form
Where to find additional info?
More information about the conference itself and how to register for this unique event can be found at www.2013.confidence.org.pl
Discount? Yes indeed!
For all of you who are thinking about registering for CONFidence 2013 we have a special 15% discount code: „2k13-hackerspace”
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Brmlab