[Brmlab] [Rada] Geekend with µc³

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Fri Mar 16 13:33:01 CET 2012

  Hi!

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 12:39:20PM +0100, 9R wrote:
> a couple of weeks ago I visited you hackerspace when I was in Prague. I
> was really impressed by your project and folks here in Munich at µc³
> also were very interested when I told them about your hackerspace.
>
> That's why we would like to organize a geekend with you.
>
> Just in case you aren't familiar with the geekend concept, it works like
> this: Hackers from hackerspace A visit hackerspace B for a weekend.
> Hackerspace B organizes accommodation (ie. space for sleeping bags at
> the hackerspace or at local hackers home) and sometimes even food. The
> visiting hackers prepare some content (generally talks or even a
> workshop) for the geekend. A couple of weeks later the whole thing is
> repeated the other way around.
> When geekends are organized between local CCC groups, there is financial
> support from the main CCC to cut down cost for the hackerspaces
> involved. I have already asked and the good news is, there is support
> for organizing a geekend with non-ccc-hackerspaces available as well.
>
> You can check out our website [1] and wiki [2] to see what we do at µc³.
> We hope there is something of interest for you.
>
> If you are interested in organizing a geekend with us we would love to
> hear from you.
>
> I am idling in #brmlab (neunR) so you can contact me there as well.
>
> Cheers,
>
> 9R
>
> ps: As I can read and speak a bit Czech you can contact my in Czech
> language , too. Since my orthography is horrible, I wanted to spare you
> the pain and myself the embarrassment ;)
>
> [1] https://muc.ccc.de
> [2] https://wiki.muc.ccc.de

  Thanks for the offer, it's an awesome idea! I'm forwarding this to our
mailing list so that everyone can take a look at the projects and
express interest, we'll also discuss this on our next meetup.

  We are actually right now organizing what is essentially a "geekend"
with Metalab Vienna - visited them in December and in two weeks, they
are coming here. :-) So we might want to leave another few weeks of a
gap to "cool down" first ;) - we'll let you know during next week!

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis