[Brmlab] no sugar drinks in Brmbar

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Tue Aug 7 16:00:23 CEST 2012

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 03:25:51PM +0200, Jamison Young wrote:
> > what is happening with the 7 crowns made on each club mate bottle.
>
>   They get gathered in the cashbox and are used for small brmlab
> expenses (ducttapes, paper, etc.).
>
> - lab consumes around 5-7 cases a week.
> and other odds and ends that is a lot of tape and paper?
> that is just club-mate.. 20 bottles per case, 7 crowns each.

I think it's about 5-7 cases per 2-3 weeks, which is the frequency of
Club Mate deliveries. That is 1000CZK profit per 2-3 weeks.

You can find some brmbar inventory reports at

	https://brmlab.cz/members/brmbar-inventura

They are in Czech but Google Translate should do a decent job; let us
know if something is not translated properly.

Long-term plan is to more closely track profits, expenses and stock.
But that requires a sufficiently sophisticated brmbar device.

> > what is happening at the moment with empty bottles in the lab that carry a
> > rebate in the Czech republic?
>
>   Nothing, AFAIK. Their sell price is including the rebate. In part,
> this is because glass bottles except club mate are very rare in brmbar,
> we had those only a couple of times. If thanks to someone, we manage to
> return some bottles, the profit goes to brmbar.
>
> -so it would be a good idea to order more drinks in glass, that carry a
> rebate?
> like the Zon drink? small Czech company..

I think it would be fine as long as you sell the bottles with the rebate
factored in the price. IMHO it's good idea to start with smaller amount
first to test the grounds.

> 160 cases and we don't see any clear plan to ever convert them to money so
> far.
>
> -The cases belong to me, i decided it was a good idea not to put them in
> the bin. When i have around 250, i'll take them to Germany, and get the
> rebate. The plan was clear from the start.

Ok, I didn't know (or didn't remember) about the number 250. :-)

> As far as I have heard, the problem here is with the passive tense you
> use "the bottles would be returned" - who would take care of that?
> If for whatever reason, noone does, we are making a loss, and that's
> no good.
>
> -If the Brmlab community would take the bottles to Divus, Divus would give
> new ones and take the old ones back. the price of the bottle includes the
> rebate, so get a rebate, if you throw bottles in the bin the lab looses
> money...all these small amounts add up, and you can make projects from
> this. why make the individual responsible?

I think having a place to return the bottles nearby is a nice bonus.
I don't see a problem here, maybe others do?

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
	Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better