[Brmlab] Fwd: [Progressbar-general-discussion] Interested in coding on Tor and getting paid for it by Google

shady shady at ynet.sk
Tue Apr 3 02:13:04 CEST 2012

\o\ /o/ \o\

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Pavol Luptak" <wilder at trip.sk>
To: general-discussion at lists.progressbar.sk
Sent: Monday, April 2, 2012 1:21:26 PM GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: [Progressbar-general-discussion] Interested in coding on Tor and getting paid for it by Google

FYI
----- Forwarded message from Damian Johnson <atagar1 at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 11:33:02 -0700
From: Damian Johnson <atagar1 at gmail.com>
To: liberationtech at lists.stanford.edu
Subject: Re: [liberationtech] Participate in Google Summer of Code 2012

Taking a queue from Mitar and posting here too.

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-google-summer-code-2012

Interested in coding on Tor and getting paid for it by Google? If you
are a student, we have good news for you: We have been accepted as a
mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2012 [1] together
with The Electronic Frontier Foundation! Woo!

Here are the facts: The summer of code gives you the opportunity to
work on your own Tor-related coding project with one of the Tor
developers as your mentor. You can apply for a coding project related
to Tor itself or to one of its many supplemental projects [2] (as well
as for an EFF-related project [3]). Your mentor will help you when
you're stuck with your project and guide you in becoming part of the
Tor community. Google pays you 5,000 USD for the three months of your
project, so that you can focus on coding and don't have to worry about
how to pay your bills.

Did we catch your attention? These are your next steps: Go look at the
Google Summer of Code FAQ [4] to make sure you are eligible to
participate. Have a look at our ideas list [5] to see if one of those
projects matches your interests. If there is no project on that list
that you'd want to work on, read the documentation on our website [6]
and make up your own project idea! Come to #tor-dev on OFTC [7] and
let us know about your project idea. Communication is essential to
success in the summer of code, and we're unlikely to accept students
we haven't heard from before reading their application. So really,
come to the IRC channel and talk to us!

Finally, write down your project idea using our template [8] and
submit your application [9] to Google until April 6, 2012 [10].

We are looking forward to discussing your project idea with you!

[1] https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/accepted_orgs/google/gsoc2012
[2] https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#Projects
[3] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/HTTPSEverywhere/GSOC-2012
[4] https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2012/faqs
[5] https://www.torproject.org/about/gsoc.html.en#Ideas
[6] https://www.torproject.org/documentation.html.en
[7] https://www.torproject.org/about/contact.html.en#irc
[8] https://www.torproject.org/about/gsoc.html.en#Template
[9] https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2012/faqs#student_apply
[10] https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012

Should you need to change your subscription options, please go to:

If you would like to receive a daily digest, click "yes" (once you click above) next to "would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?"

Should you need immediate assistance, please contact the list moderator.

Please don't forget to follow us on http://twitter.com/#!/Liberationtech

----- End forwarded message -----