[Brmlab] [International Space Apps Challenge]

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Thu Sep 22 11:05:53 CEST 2011

----- Forwarded message from Nils Hitze <nhitze at gmail.com> -----

Demonstrating its commitment to the Open Government Partnership, NASA
will work with space agencies around the world to coordinate an
International Space Apps Challenge to be held in 2012 that will
encourage scientists and concerned citizens from all seven continents
– and in space – to create, build, and invent new solutions in order
to address challenges of global importance.

The International Space Apps Challenge is an innovative international
collaboration that accelerates the development of solutions focused on
making government better and addressing critical issues on our planet,
including (but not limited to) weather impacts on the global economy
and depletion of ocean resources. The unique challenges posed by
spaceflight often result in solutions to issues we see everyday here
on Earth, and development of these solutions can be expedited when
leveraging the expertise and entrepreneurial spirit of those outside
government institutions.

http://open.nasa.gov/appschallenge/

----- End forwarded message -----