[Brmlab] Give a talk and visit brmlab on October 25th?

Pavol Rusnak stick at gk2.sk
Fri Aug 26 18:49:11 CEST 2011

On 08/26/2011 06:38 PM, Petr Baudis wrote:
>   I think it would be best to give the talks either *much* earlier
> before the meeting, e.g. 17:00, or do it on another day. Another
> possibility is to just declare that the meetup is cancelled at that
> week and instead we are gonna have a great guest lecture!

17:00 is too early (evil daystar is still shining making brmlab not very
good place for talks for various reasons), not to mention that some of
us have regular work.

>   (Rationale: We tried it once with the ASRG talk and it did not work

Your rationale is flawed because there was no particular plan about ASRG
talk, plus it was obvious from the beginning it won't last for only 40
minutes. I would not cancel regular meetup in advance and let us see how
the situation evolves. Let's be spontaneous. We don't need to solve so
many things like we used to, back in the times when ASRG talk took
place, anyway.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol Rusnak <stick at gk2.sk>