[Brmlab] Give a talk and visit brmlab on October 25th?

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Fri Aug 26 18:38:22 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 05:34:24PM +0200, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
> On 08/26/2011 05:29 PM, Deborah Nicholson wrote:
> > Tuesday, October 25th is the night I'd like to join you, maybe after
> > your regular meeting?
>
> Cool! Both topics sound interesting and you're very welcome to join us!
> I'd suggest to have your talk before the official meeting (maybe 19:30?)
> because our meetings get lengthy sometimes and this seems like a better
> option to me. What do you brmlabers think?

  I think it would be best to give the talks either *much* earlier
before the meeting, e.g. 17:00, or do it on another day. Another
possibility is to just declare that the meetup is cancelled at that
week and instead we are gonna have a great guest lecture!

  (Rationale: We tried it once with the ASRG talk and it did not work
very well. On Tuesdays, we get many visitors who want to visit brmlab
and look around, and also usually the talk start slips a bit, they get
longer and many Q&A, etc., and people waiting for the regular meetup
get nervous.)

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis