[Brmlab] Datasheet-to-English Translator

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Tue Dec 28 03:38:00 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 03:44:11AM +0100, Petr Baudis wrote:
> poppler-0.15.3 + bug 27290 fix + pdftohtml -c -zoom + google translate
> can do a pretty neat job:
>
> 	http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpasky.or.cz%2F~pasky%2Fcp%2Fjunk%2Fstc%2Fstc89c52rc.html
>

> Sure, it's not perfect, but hope it helps a bit anyway. (With the whole
> datasheet on single page, Google refuses to translate more than just the
> first few pages.)
>

> PS: BTW, if someone is interested, offering such "brm-show me chinese
> datasheet" web service would be a pretty neat hack - dealing with them
> is pain for a lot of people now I guess. If someone is willing to do
> the coding, I can explain exactly how to do the conversion and have
> a server to run it on.

  I couldn't sleep tonight so here is something very rudimental:

	http://datasheet-en.or.cz/

  Example:

	http://tinyurl.com/2bbq6o7

  Hope someone finds it useful. (You can also advertise it on 27C3 a bit
too, if you want! :-) (You can link to http://log.or.cz/?p=110.)

  Nite,

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
Computer science education cannot make an expert programmer any more