[Brmlab] Laser Hacking - gitorious repo

Pavol Rusnak stick at gk2.sk
Fri Dec 24 16:35:13 CET 2010

Hi Laser hackers!

I forked code from Felipe's home repo and put it into brmlab gitorious:

http://gitorious.org/brmlab/laser

I rewrote most of the code and put it into separate reusable classes
(mostly inspired by Czestmyr's work) - these could be later shipped as a
separate python module. All examples are in the root and use
LaserDisplay.create() factory method. This will read "LASER" environment
variable and if it is not set, simulator is created. If it is set to
"local" it will try to connect to local USB device. If it contains
string in format "remote:host" or "remote:host:port" it will connect to
laser server running on machine "host" on default port or "port" port.
There are two server - server-hadrware which uses the real hardware and
server-emulator which uses emulator. File server-svglaser is used only
for WebUI. Two examples are not yet working - pong and spaceship, I will
dig into them soon (both are in _depot directory). I thought no one is
crazy as I am to commit on Xmas, but I see there are some new commits by
Czestmyr, so I will merge them as well.

PS: If you are not a member of brmlab gitorious group (which has commit
rights to all repos) and want to be added, just send me your gitorious
username ...

PPS: More precise documentation will come soon(TM) in form of README
files and comments in examples. Also I'll put License headers in all
source files ...

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol Rusnak <stick at gk2.sk>