[Brmlab] Laser Hacking #3

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Wed Dec 22 03:44:11 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 09:23:23PM -0200, Felipe Sanches wrote:
> bad thing is that the pdf was not really corrupter or incompatible
> with evince. The issue was that the pdf was written in japanese, for
> which I did nont have fonts installed.

Install poppler-data if on Debian/Ubuntu.

> I coudnt find any english
> version of the datasheets. The only useful information I gathered from
> looking at the pictures in the datasheet is that it contains a 8051
> MCU and seems to have SPI and RS232 interfaces.

poppler-0.15.3 + bug 27290 fix + pdftohtml -c -zoom + google translate
can do a pretty neat job:

	http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpasky.or.cz%2F~pasky%2Fcp%2Fjunk%2Fstc%2Fstc89c52rc.html

Sure, it's not perfect, but hope it helps a bit anyway. (With the whole
datasheet on single page, Google refuses to translate more than just the
first few pages.)

PS: BTW, if someone is interested, offering such "brm-show me chinese
datasheet" web service would be a pretty neat hack - dealing with them
is pain for a lot of people now I guess. If someone is willing to do
the coding, I can explain exactly how to do the conversion and have
a server to run it on.

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis