[Brmlab Announce] Positive Hack Days 2012
PHD at ptsecurity.ru
Wed Feb 29 05:42:46 UTC 2012
Please let me take this opportunity of inviting you to support the PHDays everywhere initiative of the Positive Hack Days forum on practical security in Moscow, Russia, on 30-31 of May 2012. Positive Hack Days is a unique event in the international security market that combines business programs, technical workshops, master classes, roundtable discussions and CTF competitions. The PHDays forum has been set up to draw attention to hands-on security and real life contemporary threats. The following issues will be covered over the course of two days: security of critical information systems, fraud prevention and counter-action, cyber-crime, government and corporate security in the WikiLeaks era, cyber-war and cyber-espionage. Also, cloud and virtual infrastructure protection, counter-action against 0-day attacks, computer forensics, protection from DDoS, SCADA security, application and ERP security, and network security will be considered.
Following our 2011 success we expect 1,000+ visitors in 2012. Half of these people are key players in the security industry in Russia and the CIS, as well as international experts on information security, and world-renowned hackers. Also invited are CIOs, CISOs and leading experts from banking, telecom, oil & gas, government and various other private and public organizations.
Among the speakers at PHDays in 2012: Pierre-Marc Bureau, Andrei Costin, Ulrich Fleck, Marcus Niemietz, Yury Gurkin, and Sylvain Munaut. The forum keynote speaker will be the world-famous cryptographer Bruce Schneier.
Since the available space at PHDays will not be enough to accommodate everyone, we have decided to organize a webcast of the event to provide an opportunity for the Internet community to actively participate in the forum. To ensure that PHDays does not become boring sitting behind a monitor, we decided to introduce PHDays everywhere. As part of this initiative, we propose to allow those who are unable to visit Moscow PHDays to organize their own hacker event anywhere in the world.
Internet forum participants are provided with the following features:
- Join the audience through the internet HD-broadcast (Russian and English languages).
- Participate in discussions and ask questions of the speakers coming online.
- Take part in the fantastic Hack Quest, to demonstrate their hacking skills and compete for prizes.
In addition to the visitors of the sites participating in PHDays everywhere, we offer the opportunity to serve as a reporter for Fast Track Section and tell the world about their research and developments.
What you need to join PHDays everywhere?
1. A room which will be available for visitors during the forum on May 30 and 31, possibly around the clock. After all, the Hack Quest will not for a moment stop from 10 a.m. MSK (UTC +4), May 30 to 5 p.m. MSK (UTC +4), May 31!
2. An Internet connection of at least 10 Mb/s.
3. One or more projection devices, because PHDays will be transmitted on 6 streams!
4. It is desirable to be able to connect visitors to the Internet to give them the opportunity to communicate with the community and to fight compete in Hack Quest.
5. The availability of web-camera is desirable so that not only can you join the celebration, but also the community can join you.
If you and your guests have something to say to the world, then please send your request to Call For Papers http://phdays.com/cfp.asp. Transmission will be via one of the webinar platforms such as WebEx (more details later).
>From our side, we are putting the information (name, description, logos, links, and contacts) of all parties to the event on the PHDays site.
If you have any questions about the PHDays everywhere initiative, please contact me with Sergei Gordeychik (gordey at ptsecurity.com<mailto:gordey at ptsecurity.com>) copied in the letter.
More information about the Forum can be obtained through the following links: http://phdays.com/
Best regards, Viktoria
e-mail: VAlexeeva at ptsecurity.ru<mailto:VAlexeeva at ptsecurity.ru>
tel: +7 (495) 744-0144
fax: +7 (495) 744-0187
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Announce